How to link SBI account with Aadhaar Number
The country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has made linking of accounts with Aadhaar number of its customers, as easy as it can get. SBI customers holders can link their account with Aadhaar via various channels like SMS, internet banking, ATMs or an SBI branch.
The government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar card to your bank account. According to the new rules, all existing bank account holders have to link their bank account to their Aadhaar within December 31, 2017.
Here is a guide for SBI users on how to use the various channels:
1) If the mobile number is registered with SBI, then one can send an SMS to 567676 in the following format UIDAadhaar numberAccount number.
2) If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to account, an SMS reply will be sent.
3) If the mobile number is already registered with the bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
4) The Aadhaar number will be verified by the bank with UIDAI. In case it fails verification, an SMS will be sent to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-Aadhaar.
1) A SBI internet banking user can log into www.onlinesbi.com and access the link'Link your Aadhaar number' under 'My Accounts' , appearing on the left panel of the screen.
2) On clicking the above link, one will be directed to a screen where one needs to select the account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
3) The last 2 digits of registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to the customer.
4) Status of mapping will be sent to the customer's registered mobile number.
1) After swiping the ATM card and entering PIN, one needs to select the option'Registration' under ' Service'.
2) In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration
3) One can now select the account type (Savings/Checking) after which Aadhaar number needs to be entered.
1) An SBI customer can visit any branch with a copy of Aadhaar number or e-Aadhaar for linking.